Boot on a new LFS system

Philippe Lefèvre ph.lefevre at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jul 8 02:19:34 PDT 2001

Thank you very much for your help Gerard,

I read the current LFS version and applied that method: it runs fine and
partially resolved
my problem as it now prints an uninterruptible flow of  01 01 ... at boot
!  I recently read
something about this in the list and I'm going to check...

thank you again for any help, and thanks to Gerard for this nice job on
LFS.

PhiL

Gerard Beekmans a écrit :

> > then ran lilo:
> >         lilo -C /etc/lilo.conf -b /dev/sdc1
>
> the -b option ha to be a disk, not a partition. Try this:
> lilo -C /etc/lilo.conf -b /dev/sdc

Oh yes, you're right !

> This way the MBR of that harddisk will contain LILO and when it becomes
> sda, the MBR will be read from it and the LFS version of lilo will be
> ran.
>
> But, don't run lilo inside chroot. The way 2.4.4 does it has some big
> problems.

Do you mean that it is a specific problem with 2.4.4 only or is this a true
for
all kernels 2.4.xx. (I could change to 2.4.6 as it is available now !)