Net-tools

pacholleck at nexgo.de pacholleck at nexgo.de
Sun Jul 8 10:02:29 PDT 2001

( Son, 08 Jul 2001 ) Marcel Mulder <-- :
> I am currently working on LFS 3.0pre4, but I wondered before. Why is
> nothing said about the question's the make of net-tools asks. I can
> imagine that some people can't answer all the question because the don't
> understand the question. Maybe it can be added in the book or at least a
> hint.
> Has somebody a predefined input script so it can be automated?

It equals to what you choose when configuring your kernel, and if you
forgot what you configured, consult your /usr/src/linux/.config file.
If you forgot what that was for, consult the file Configure.help in
/usr/src/linux/Documentation.

Those questions create a file ../net-tools-<vers.>/config.h
The question text for those values is in config.in.

I am using a script for building my lfs.
If I want to change something I change 0 to 1 or verse way which is the
only way of "automate" this to my needs. You can't give a general advice,
because this is dependend on what your system looks like. There is no
use enabling ethernet if you don't have it, for example.

The section in question for it is this:
cd /usr/src/net-tools*/
----- command example (yes for AFUNIX, AFINET, HWPPP, all other no)
cat << "EOF" > config.h