Cannot execut rcS

Florin Boariu florin at bnv-bamberg.de
Mon Jul 9 04:29:43 PDT 2001

Try with emacs: load the script, then type
ESC-x replace-string

Press enter. Emacs will ask you to type the string to be replaced. Pick by
cut-n-paste the last character (should look like ^M). Use gpm to do this,
or use xemacs and X's mouse cut-n-paste feature. Then press enter, and
emacs will ask you to press the string to replace ^M with. Press enter
(empty string). That sould do it.

Or, in other words: use dos2unix ;) They should be downloadable somewhere.
The SuSE distributions used to have them installed by default.

good luck!
florin.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org