Bash question

FRANCOIS Nicolas nicolas.francois at free.fr
Mon Jul 9 21:57:27 PDT 2001

Baker a écrit :

> A hint would really be great.  I have been shell programming for years,
> but this is my first jump into something like LFS.  Bash has just always
> worked.  Its been a bit of FM that I never really even noticed.   So,
> anyone have any suggestions on how to get my .bashrc being sourced?
>
> --
>               Jason
>        www.cyborgworkshop.com
> ...and the geek shall inherit the earth...
>
> --

Read the "Configuration HOWTO", it gives some clues about where to put
what.

Another solution : I just have my definitions in .bash_profile, and put
this in .bashrc :

# .bashrc

# Get the aliases and functions
if [ -f ~/.bash_profile ]; then
        . ~/.bash_profile
fi
# end .bashrc

so that my options are the same under the console (a typical login
shell) and in Xterm (a typical non login interactive shell).

Hope I helped, and hope to get help in return ;-)

\bye

--

                  Nicolas FRANCOIS
           http://nicolas.francois.free.fr