3.0-pre4: ncurses-5.2.patch.bz2

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 10 06:52:05 PDT 2001

On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 11:00:35AM -0600, Jesse Tie Ten Quee wrote:
> Yo,
>
> Whom created this patch?
>
> Because, it isn't a "good" patch in the sense that it will bork with
> FAILED hunk's, etc... this should problably be fixed.
>
> As the program return value non-zero (eg; echo $?).

That's what you get when there are different patches around without
patch version numbers.

Hmm...me screwed up on that one
pre4 doesn't use gcc-3, so it doesn't need a patch to compile. When I
put together pre4 from CVS and removed gcc-3 from it and put 2.95.2.1
back in it, it seems I forgot to remove the patch reference.

Also, back in that day, CVS used a different ncurses patch. It was later
replaced by a better patch which needs -F 10 added, but pre4 didn't.

Let me re-generate 3.0-pre4 and remove the ncurses patch from it,
that'll save some more of these questions.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org