Power saving problems

Jean-Pierre Schwickerath lists at schwicky.net
Wed Jul 11 13:32:04 PDT 2001

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001 09:29:12 +0100 (BST), chris_lamb at bigfoot.com said:

> Hello,
>
>  I have LFS 3.0-pre4 installed and it works well if I am using
>  it.  However if I stop using it for 10/15 minutes my computer
>  goes into power saving mode and I can't wake it up again.  I
>  can see whatever is on the screen at the time but neither the
>  mouse nor keyboard work.
>
>  Is there anyway to control how the power saving works - either
>  to be able to wake up the computer again or turn it off completely?

Either have a look in your BIOS or check your kernel configuration. You might
need to activate "Allow interrupts during APM BIOS calls" in "General setup".

Jean-Pierre

--
Jean-Pierre Schwickerath - Powered by GNU/LinuX!
E-Mail: lists at schwicky.net - http://schwicky.net

Nothing's impossible... Everything is relative!

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org