Fileutils compilation problem

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 11 08:04:45 PDT 2001

> But now I'm confronted with what looks like a unsolved problem : after
> recompiling dynamically fileutils, I got an error configuring the next
> program (grep), a seg fault while testing ls -t. So I got back to
> fileutils, recompiled it in the basic env (a Mandrake 7.2 with Gcc
> 2.95.3 and Glibc 2.1.3, after throwing away a Mdk 8.0 with that $%*#&{
> Gcc 2.96). Then I got back ls working. But the problem remains.
> What can I do for this one ? Looks like a Glibc problem, doesn't it ?

It does yes. The CVS book uses gcc-3.0 and glibc-2.2.3. They aren't too
stable yet, especially gcc-3.0. It'll be better to replace gcc-3.0 with
gcc-2.95.2.1 and glibc-2.2.3 with glibc-2.2.1 - ala the 3.0-pre4 book.
The CVS book is not very usable at this moment to build a stable system
with.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org