Fileutils compilation problem

Lesende, Emiliano - (Ext Arg) Emiliano.Lesende at attla.com
Wed Jul 11 08:40:47 PDT 2001

I have built an LFS system following the instructions on the CVS book. I
used
gcc-3.0 and glibc-2.2.3. All the software was optimized with -O3 and
-march=i686,
except mawk. It's running over a week whitout a single crash. No single
program
has segfaulted on me.

IMHO, people who want to build his/her own linux system, wants total control
or
total freedom. I dont think we should take that away from them beacouse we
think
that it isn't very stable. May we add both compilation instructions?
GCC-2.95.2 and
GCC-3.0? Let the final user choose which one.

Thanks for reading
Emiliano