Dev-fs benifits

jerry jdinardo at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jul 12 04:43:20 PDT 2001

The people that condemn it as bloatware are concerned with the kernel memory
requirements, not the the size of the /dev/ directory which is not an
important factor relative to system performance.
Besides you can do what I do and just do mknods for devices that you actually
use or think that you might use in the future and then /dev will look very nice.
jpd

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org