make: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 1

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 12 06:25:51 PDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 10:50:29AM +0200, wolle wrote:
> > it's a problem that only occurs with the bz2'd tarball from lfs.
> > i juct finished succesfully building the original from the gnu site!
> > so, it's just a question of re-packing sh-utils :)
>
> I've had also some problems with the lfs-tarball:
> (latest packages)
> I've made a cdrom (the tarball and a lot more stuff)
> and at home one of the first lfs-packages
> (bash i think) wont compile.
> the problem is, that tar y doesn't stop on bzip2 errors
> as bzcat | tar does, so I continued after unpacking...
>
> The non-lfs (some bzip2) are all ok, so it's not the cheap cdr.
> And it's not the BIG tar archive, it is ok.

The tarballs work fine for me. I've just downloaded them (from the main
server) and unpacked them without any problems. I can't check all the
mirrors, but please check the main server. If that file does work for
you, it may be a problem with the synchronization process and I'll look
into it.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org