make check?

Randy Hron rwhron at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 12 23:46:10 PDT 2001

On 11 Jul 2001, at 22:16, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
 > On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 02:31:20AM +0100, Leonardo Valeri Manera wrote: >
 > perhaps it should be added as compilation step for packages that support
 > it? > > quite useful, especially for the cvs ;)
 >
 > let's discuss it in more detail with all of us:

I like "make check" and did it religiously while building the base LFS
system.  It could save some trouble down the road, as LFS builds upon itself.

There were a couple things I had to compile to run tests on every package.

IIRC, glibc needs perl.

For perl to "make test" clean requires a couple files from netkit-base.
(protocols, services, rpc)  (at least one or two of those anyways, I added
all 3.)

I think one package needed DegaGNU.

If we decide to add it to the book, I'll help.  (been looking for a good
reason to build/install glibc-2.2.3 :)

BTW, perhaps we want to compile glibc with --enable-libio?  From what
I can tell, the default is --enable-stdio because The HURD doesn't do
libio yet.   An email from Ulrich  Drepper on the 'net said he thought
defaulting to stdio was fine, as the user can easily configure libio.
Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org