mutt & mailinglists

David Nedved dnedved at nuvox.net
Fri Jul 13 06:19:09 PDT 2001

I use mutt all the time.  I don't try to use mutt's filtering, procmail works
very well for me.

Here is the relevant paragraph from my .procmailrc file:

:0
* lfs-discuss at linuxfromscratch.org
list-lfs-discuss/

A little on the "heavy handed" side, but it works and I don't have to mess
with it.  If you cut and paste be careful, the trailing slash on the
list-lfs-discuss/ means that it delivers it to a maildir style directory.
If you're still using mbox (why?) then leave off the trailing slash.

The following two lines are the relevant ones from my .muttrc:

mailboxes ~/Maildir/list-lfs-discuss
subscribe lfs-discuss

Good luck,

David