CVS compilation problem

Mark Hymers mark-lfs at hymers.org.uk
Fri Jul 13 07:30:09 PDT 2001

Hi all,

I've just been doing a test cvs build using my 3.0-pre4 system (with
glibc-2.2.3 instead of 2.2.1 though).

GCC 3.0 is failing - not at the compile stage but at the make install
stage with:

constructing ../fixinc.sh for i686-pc-linux-gnu to run on
i686-pc-linux-gnu
make TARGETS=oneprocess SHELL="/bin/sh" CC="gcc" CFLAGS="-g "
LDFLAGS="-static" install-bin
make[2]: Entering directory `/mnt/lfs/usr/src/gcc-build/gcc/fixinc'
./fixincl -v < /dev/null
'fixincl version 1.1'
make[2]: *** [install-bin] Error 139
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/usr/src/gcc-build/gcc/fixinc'
make[1]: *** [fixinc.sh] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/usr/src/gcc-build/gcc'
make: *** [stage1_build] Error 2

I checked it out and fixincl/fixincl is segfaulting.  I'm wondering if
this is just on my system or if it's reproducable.

I'm also taking the opportunity of a test build to look at that bug
about man-pages going into en.  I'll report back on that later.

See ya'll

Mark
Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org