Spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7

Kevin Krumwiede krum at oco.net
Fri Jul 13 20:44:09 PDT 2001

At random intervals, the message 'Spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7' appears in
the midst of other console output.  I gather it's caused by an interrupt for
which there is no defined handler, and the default handler is what spits out
this message.  It never happens on my host system.  Apparently at least Alan
Cox isn't too worried about it; he jumped into <a
href=http://search.luky.org/linux-kernel.2000/msg08828.html>this</a> thread
and didn't contradict another poster's assertion that it's basically
harmless and normal.

It's quite annoying, though.  Should I redirect it, or is there a kernel
option to ignore it?  I think only root sees it, maybe I should just stop
being root all the time :)

Thanks,
Krum

(3.0-pre4, XFS /)

---
# grep -v '/mnt/win' /etc/fstab > tmp~ && mv -f tmp~ /etc/fstab && for i in
/mnt/win*; do rm -rf $i/*; umount $i; rmdir $i; done

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org