glib

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 14 07:20:12 PDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marcel Mulder" <marcel.mulder at xs4all.nl>
To: <lfs-discuss at linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2001 11:43 AM
Subject: glib

> Hi,
>
> I have my LFS 3.0pre4 up and running and I am adding some more programs.
> I few of them are depending on glib (NOT glibc). There are also hints of
> the programs I want to install, but nobody is mentioning glib and there
> is no glib hint. Am I missing something? I don't think I am the first
> one bumping into this.
>
> Started installing glib-1.2.10............
>
> /Marcel
>
> --

Standard procedure for compiling and installing packages from source:
First, check out the documentation ( README, INSTALL...). Mostly, from there
on, it's ./configure && make && make install. If you have special needs,
first do a ./configure --help to check out some special options or features.
Defaults are most of the time sensible (I configured glib-1.2.10 with
./configure --disable-debug && make && make install).
If make produces any errors and stops, search the mailing archives (see
www.linuxfromscratch.org ), and if that doesn't help, send a mail.
For programs with no hints, you can assume the compilation is either the
above procedure, or (unlikely) nobody has bothered to write a hint for it.
BTW questions about programs not included in the book should go to
lfs-apps at linuxfromscratch.org !
Hope this helps
Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org