linux-kernel and gcc 3.0

Jakob Kuelzer jrk at jay-guhl.de
Sat Jul 14 12:57:18 PDT 2001

Hi there, im new to this list and i don't know wether this question is in the
right place here, but i just post it and see what may be happening....

As you might got it from the Mail-subject, my problem ist i cant compile
*any* kernel with the new gcc 3.0; i get hundreds of warnings like
"	warning: multi-line string literals are deprecated
	In file included from /usr/src/linux/inclu..."

After a short time of compiling (at least it seems so for me), the compile
breaks, at some file (sorry, forgot the filename, i'm going to supply it in
the next mail) ....

I had these problems with kernel 2.2.18, 2.2.19 and 2.4.6 ....

Does anybody know a workaround or another solution??

PS : please excuse my bad english, i'm not a native speaker/writer (o;
--
	jakob
		Linux is a wigwam - no windows, no gates, apache inside!
Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org