CVS Chapter 6 bash Problem

Thomas Beaudry k8la at arrl.net
Sat Jul 14 23:28:30 PDT 2001

The instructions in chapter 6 of the CVS book for bash seem to have a
couple of problems.  I used the shell scripts for -pre4 downloaded from
the server.  Also, using gcc 3.0 and glibc 2.2.3, no problems with them
yet that I can see.

For reference:

	./configure --prefix=/usr --with-curses &&
	make &&
	make install &&
	logout
	mv $LFS/usr/bin/bash $LFS/usr/bin/bashbug $LFS/bin
1.  "logout" fails with the message that you must use "exit" as it's not
a login shell.
2.  The move succeceeded despite the logout fail.  Obviously not a
problem but it just seems strange to not be done immediately after the
"make install".  At least to me it seems like exiting the shell should be
the last thing done.

My suggested correction:

	./configure --prefix=/usr --with-curses &&
	make &&
	make install &&
	mv /usr/bin/bash /usr/bin/bashbug /bin &&
	exit

Saves a little typing as well for those not using the scripts.
Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org