sh-utils problems

James Klein klein_james1968 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 15 05:31:05 PDT 2001

I am working with the lfs 3.0 pre4 and in chapter 6
when I try to compile and install sh-utils (I've tried
with and without the patch that comes with the
package)
right after I see the line:
creating config.h
cd . && aclocal -I m4
aclocal: m4/gettext.m4 13: duplicated macro
'AM_WITH_NLS'

I see several of these duplicated macro errors and the
make falls out with

make: *** [aclocal.m4] Error1

I tried recompiling the m4-1.4 thinking the included
headers or libraries maybe causing the problem. But
that did not work. The only place I really deviated
from the book was in using glibc-2.2.3..

Everything esle appears to be working fine up to this
point. Can anyone give me a clue?

Thanks

James Klein