suid-bit

Jean-Pierre Schwickerath lists at schwicky.net
Sun Jul 15 16:29:37 PDT 2001

Hello,

I have a question about the suid-bit.
I habe a script owned by root.root with 6755 permissions:
-rwsr-sr-x   1 root	root	      42 Jul 15 15:36 disconnect
 containing

#!/bin/bash
rm -f /var/lock/LCK..schwicky

And when I execute the script as normal user I get
rm: cannot unlink `/var/lock/LCK..schwicky': Operation not permitted

I've not been using much suid stuff but as far as I remember this is ok, 'cause
I don't want to suid-root the rm binary, that's not secure ;-)
Does Someone have a hint why it doesn't work?

Jean-Pierre

--
Jean-Pierre Schwickerath - Powered by GNU/LinuX!
E-Mail: lists at schwicky.net - http://schwicky.net

Nothing's impossible... Everything is relative!

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org