suid-bit

Jean-Pierre Schwickerath lists at schwicky.net
Sun Jul 15 21:44:29 PDT 2001

On Sun, 15 Jul 2001 23:08:16 +0800, Adrian Ho said:

> On Sun, Jul 15, 2001 at 04:29:37PM +0200, Jean-Pierre Schwickerath wrote:
>  > I've not been using much suid stuff but as far as I remember this is ok,
>  > 'cause I don't want to suid-root the rm binary, that's not secure ;-)
>  > Does Someone have a hint why it doesn't work?
>
>  Setuid shell scripts are not supported, period.  Try making the following
>  script setuid and running it, if you're not convinced:
>
>  #!/bin/sh
>  /usr/bin/id

 :-((
And as I tried perl scripts aren't either...
Hell, I want to set up a script that dials pppd so that I don't need to log in
as root to get on the net. There must be a way... I don't understand, 'cause
Guido Socher from Linux Focus wrote that perl script to set up a connection and
it needs to be chowned 6755 and owned by root.
This thing used to work...

--
Jean-Pierre Schwickerath - Powered by GNU/LinuX!
E-Mail: lists at schwicky.net - http://schwicky.net

Nothing's impossible... Everything is relative!

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org