suid-bit

SamBC sambc at nights.force9.co.uk
Sun Jul 15 12:58:55 PDT 2001

My understanding is that perl can emulate suid somehow - or when compiling
you can tell it that suid perl scripts are secure (it takes your word for
it, foolishly).

Other things being suid-able or not is, I believe, a kernel setup option. At
least, I recall seeing somewhere other than the perl setup script.

This does not constitute a recommendation, yadda yadda

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org