two kernel questions

Jesse McCrosky mccrosky at ualberta.ca
Sun Jul 15 14:50:58 PDT 2001

I have just built myself a cvs-lfs system, and have two questions.   First,
despite the fact that I enabled devfs support and the automount option, the
devfs is not mounted on boot and a look at /proc/filesystems does not list
defs as being supported.  This is a 2.4.7-pre6 kernel from the ppc tree.

Second, due to some gcc-3.0 issues I was forced to buildd my initial kernel
using my base system's gcc-2.95.3.  I have since rebuilt my kernel while
booted into the lfs system using gcc-3.0; however, when I run depmod it
complains about not being able to open modules.dep and tells me it's looking
for it in /lib/modules/2.2.19-1k/ which is my base systems location.  Anyone
know where depmod stores info on where it expects things to be?

Thanks

--
	jesse McCrosky
	mccrosky at ualberta.ca