suid-bit

Adrian Ho aho-lfs-discuss at 03s.net
Sun Jul 15 17:51:15 PDT 2001

On Sun, Jul 15, 2001 at 09:44:29PM +0200, Jean-Pierre Schwickerath wrote:
> And as I tried perl scripts aren't either...

Not necessarily -- "man perlsec" for details.

> Hell, I want to set up a script that dials pppd so that I don't need to log in
> as root to get on the net. There must be a way...

There is: Write a setuid C wrapper.  Again, "man perlsec" has a simple
example, though it probably won't work for bash scripts (you'd have to
exec /bin/bash instead).

Adrian Ho    Tinker, Drifter, Fixer, Bum   aho-djb-qmail at 03s.net
Archived @:  <http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=qmail>
Useful URLs: <http://cr.yp.to/qmail.html> <http://www.qmail.org>