licq troubles

Scot Mc Pherson smcpherson at bradentonherald.com
Mon Jul 16 06:46:35 PDT 2001

I am trying to compile licq for my gnome desktop, but I am having a
little difficulty getting licq to work after I have compiled it.

I see two possible scenarios,

1) I get this working because I like licq

or

2) perhaps someone has a better alternative to licq.

As I said it seems to compile fine. I compile in the qt-gui plugin,
(discovered this after I got the message "can't find qt-gui"" message at
$ ./licq

the error I get is , "unable to connect to X server"

X is installed in the default locations and my gnome desktop is a wonder
to behold. Any clues?

Thanx for any help,
Scot Mc Pherson
Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org