linux-kernel and gcc 3.0

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jul 16 07:15:44 PDT 2001

> As you might got it from the Mail-subject, my problem ist i cant compile
> *any* kernel with the new gcc 3.0; i get hundreds of warnings like
> "	warning: multi-line string literals are deprecated
> 	In file included from /usr/src/linux/inclu..."

Those are warnings, nothing to worry about really.

> After a short time of compiling (at least it seems so for me), the compile
> breaks, at some file (sorry, forgot the filename, i'm going to supply it in
> the next mail) ....

Something about timex or time.c or time.h (i can't remember the exact
file name and function name either). If that's the case, download
the 2.4.6 kernel. It's reported that this kernel has fixed that time
problem when compiling with gcc-3.0

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org