initial lfs attempt

A Wizard ... aage at swbell.net
Mon Jul 16 08:57:38 PDT 2001

I did a clean install of HR7.0 without X , etc, just the developement
programs.
I set up a 4 gb hda as such:  hda1=/boot, hda2=swap, hda3=/, hda4=/mnt/lfs.
I set LFS=/mnt/lfs,
I am logged in as root
I ran the chap4-creating-dirs from $LFS
I unzipped the bash2.05 bz2 from $LFS/usr/src/sources
I cded to the bash dir and executed chap4-bash
the install ended with these 3 lines:
   /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcurses
   collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
   make: *** [bash} Error 1

I have searched thoughout $LFS/tree and the tree is bare.

  What am do I need to get the off first base?

 -- Neal Lundgaard

Baseball wisdom: "Progress always involves risk.
You can't steal second base and keep your foot on first."
--Frederick B. Wilcox--

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org