licq troubles

Jeremy Utley jeremy at linux-phreak.net
Tue Jul 17 01:54:03 PDT 2001

Scot - Dont' know if you got this fixed or not, but you're half way to fixing it.

Setting the display variable as the root user is only half the battle. You also have to tell the x-server that it should allow connections from itself...Open up an xterm as the user who actually owns the X server, and type:

xhost +localhost

and you should be good to do.  OR.....simply run licq as the user, not as root...either one will work!

J_Man