Static Bash compilation problem

Jeremy Utley jeremy at linux-phreak.net
Tue Jul 17 01:57:30 PDT 2001

Gerard, et al:

One thing I have noticed in the static compile of Bash, in my experience, is that I ALWAYS have to not use --enable-curses for the static compile.  This seems to be something related to Slackware Linux (which is the distro I always use to build with).  So, what I usually do is build the static bash without curses, then enable curses for the dynamic.

Now that I think about it...I wonder if Slackware simply doesn't compile in a libncurses.a, and only does the .so....good thing to check...

J_Man

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 09:57:37 -0400