telnet

Dave Ayers fogey at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 17 13:14:31 PDT 2001

I have my base system (pre4) working well and I am ready to start adding
apps. The first thing I need is a telnet client to access my local network
router. I have not been able to find a source tarball for telnet, so I
copied the telnet binary from my Caldera eDesktop 2.4 system. When I try
to run it I get this error message:

telnet: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.4: cannot load
shared object file: No such file or directory.

I'm in over my head here, so I would appreciate a patient explanation of
what this means. Is it 'fixable' or do I need to continue my search for
the telnet source?

Dave Ayers
Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org