automated COL and WCOL settings

Mark Hymers mark-lfs at hymers.org.uk
Tue Jul 17 15:05:41 PDT 2001

On Tue, 17, Jul, 2001 at 10:37:55PM +0200, Andre Wyrwa wrote:
> I missed something.
>
> To solve your second concern I think it must be possible to figure out
> in the script if it is run bevor or after login. For instance after
> login $HOME should be set, before it isn't, afaik.
> And if so, there will be other ways to figure out.

That wouldn't work anyways.  If we're running from the console command
line, we WANT to use the clever COL script as it works.  It's just in
bloody xterms and that we don't want to use it.  As I said before I
don't think people should be running init.d scripts from within X really
anyways.  (Not that often anyhow).

As to the point in your other mail, I prefer the cut method.  I really
(personally) have no objections to moving cut to /bin as it doesn't
violate the FHS.

Mark
Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org