ttys errors

Shaun ONeil shaun at madhouse69.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Jul 17 19:26:45 PDT 2001

I hope this hasn't been asked before .. but I've finally got my LFS
system running .. I was so happy you couldn't believe .. but nothing
can open my serial ports, /dev/ttys{0,1} :(  X says:

(EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/ttys0
        Input/output error.

wvdial has a similar complaint on ttys1, and I tried echo blah
>/dev/ttys0 with the same complaint, so I'm pretty sure it's the
devices, not the programs.

I'm sure there's a really obvious solution, but I can't find it. X is
a luxury, I haven't used it for months .. but getting the modem
working would be very useful :)

Any suggestions?

TIA, Shaun.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org