nslookup

Claudio Nieder private at claudio.ch
Wed Jul 18 05:42:58 PDT 2001

Hi,

> me. It complains about its being obsolete and I should use dig, but I am
> quite stubborn and want to use the old-style nslookup no matter what :-)

I'd suggest you follow the advice and be less stubborn in this case as
nslookup is really broken. I observed, that when you use nslookup
it will try to reverse lookup the nameservers address at the very
same place it found the server address it self, which is plain
wrong. You can't assume, that because ns.domain.com has the
record ns.domain.com A 1.2.3.4 that it is also authorative for
3.2.1.in-addr.arpa.

				claudio
--
Claudio Nieder, Kanalweg 1, CH-8610 Uster, Tel +41 79 357 6743
yahoo messenger: claudionieder aim: claudionieder icq:42315212
Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org