telnet

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 18 11:22:48 PDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 08:14:31PM +0000, Dave Ayers wrote:
> telnet: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.4: cannot load
> shared object file: No such file or directory.

The telnet you copied from your Caldera system was linked against
ncurses-4.x which of LFS systems don't have (we're at version 5.2 at the
moment if you use the latest available version). It'll be best for you
to just download netkit-telnet (from the same site as netkit-base, see
appendix c in the lfs-book for the location which I can't remember right
now) and install it.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org