telnet

Kevin Krumwiede krum at oco.net
Wed Jul 18 14:27:32 PDT 2001

It means that the Telnet binary from your host system was compiled to use
shared libraries -- that is, it loads the functions it needs from the shared
library when it runs, rather than having those portions of the library
included in itself.  Consequently, the library must be there or it will not
run.

If ncurses 5 is backward compatible, it *might* work if you create a symlink
to the libncurses.so on your LFS.  Something like:

# cd /usr/lib
# ln -s libncurses.so.5 libncurses.so.4

But personally, I think copying binaries into LFS is kind of, you know...
wrong... :-)

Krum