need help

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 18 22:12:31 PDT 2001

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 08:35:07PM +0100, Christophe Dupré wrote:
> Hy guys,
> I get the following message when starting my LFS
>
> warning: unable to open an initial console
> neighbour table oveflow

neighbour table overflow messages can (stress 'can' - there are several
reasons) be caused when the local loopback device (lo) isn't brought up
yet. Then again, your system isn't booting at all (usually it's a daemon
like syslogd giving you such an error when you start it) so I'm not sure
what else can be causing it.

and check to make sure that /mnt/lfs/dev/console exists.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org