Thanks and a few last questions...

Michael Brömer mib at telebel.de
Thu Jul 19 00:09:54 PDT 2001

On Wednesday, 18. July 2001 05:55, you wrote:
> When booting up in my lfs system I am seeing a few problems:
> 1.) modprobe can't locate : net-pf-4 net-pf-5 net-pf-6

You could add something like
alias net-pf-4 off		# if you don't use the ipx module
alias net-pf-5 off		# if you don't use the appletalk module
etc...
to your /etc/modules.conf. See /usr/src/linux/Documentaion/modules.txt
for the details.

> 2.)
> setting up Clock can't locate char-major-10-135

Did you enable CONFIG_RTC when you configured the kernel?
Does the devicefile for the Real Time Clock exist?
See /usr/src/linux/Documentaion/devices.txt

Michael
Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org