your mail

Andre Wyrwa a.wyrwa at web.de
Thu Jul 19 00:18:01 PDT 2001

On Thu, 19. Jul 2001 um 04:47:19AM +0100, supers at oceanfree.net wrote:
> gcc  -DLINUX  -I.. -I../include  -O2 -Wall -DUSESHADOW -c main.c
> main.c:2275:1: directives may not be used inside a macro argument
> main.c:2275:1: unterminated argument list invoking macro "printf"
> main.c: In function `show_usage':
> main.c:2276: parse error before string constant
> make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/add/proftpd-1.2.1/src'
> make: *** [src] Error 2

This is what the cdrecord-Changelog says about that:

-       Circumvent a bug in the system include files from Linux that
        makes printf() a macro and prevented compilation with GCC-3.0

As I understand that, there is a bug in glibc which makes compiling with
gcc 3.0 impossible.
Just downgrade gcc and it will work.

(I had the same problem when trying to compile cdrecord 1.10 and ncftp
3.0.3)

André.
Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org