BASH static compilation using termcap library

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 19 16:02:47 PDT 2001

> Also I am installing LFS into a second hard-drive which I
> would like to moe into an old i386 I have lying around
> (Just for fun really).  I noticed that Bash seemedto find
> the i586 equivalent processor in the computer it is
> currently resident in.  Is this going to completely screw
> me up? i.e. has it compiled for pentium PC?

This could get you into trouble. I remember there was a uname-hack exactly
for this kind of cross-compiling. Search the mail-archives for
cross-compiling and uname, it should come up. Cross-compiling has gotten a
lot of people into trouble, but there are also lots of hints in the
archives.
Good luck!
Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org