your mail

Thomas Beaudry k8la at arrl.net
Thu Jul 19 17:08:36 PDT 2001

> > The impossible is working great on my system...

> You must have done something wrong. ;-)

> Ok, then it's not impossible but let's say there is a really good chance
> that you will have problems with that.

> BTW: Which glibc version do you use?

Glibc 2.2.3

I've no problems with anything in the LFS book.  That may be because for
a change I used the default compiler optimization flags.

As for stuff not in the book, I've only had two problems:

ProFTPD needs the -std=gnu89 flag to compile like the 2.95.x compilers
instead of like an ISO compliant compiler.  What it does specifically for
ProFTPD is not use the printf macro.  When I finish getting the machine
setup, I'm going to go back and actually fix the code by moving the
#ifdef statements out of the printf call.

Zlib doesn't like the -march=i586 flag for some reason.  Says it can't
find the functions in match.S when it's trying to link the test programs.
 Another I'm going to come back to look at later.  Probably just
incorrect reference name format.
Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org