Weeding

Paul Campbell paul at cmm.uklinux.net
Thu Jul 19 23:02:34 PDT 2001

Thanks Andre,

Exactly what I wanted to know.

On the subject of /usr/[local/]share/doc....
On my mandrake system the RPM manager installs all the docs into here, but
it's empty on the lfs,  (I only looked in /usr/share/doc).  I don't have room
to be keeping the source trees around long, and I've started noticing some
good loads of docs in the source trees, so I have begun copying them to
/usr/share/doc/[package name], not sure if this is adviced or not.

I'll clean it up as you suggest, I have been partimage ing the LFS part at
major milestone points, like after the base system, after X and now after X &
KDE2.1.2 (Which is bust, slow and still stinks, even when self sompiled IMHO)
 I've heard that it is actaully broken,(kde2.1) takes >10 secs to open
Konqueror. <yawn> same as my mandrake sys.

--
Paul Campbell
http://www.cmm.uklinux.net/
paul at cmm.uklinux.net