Troubles with Bash and Make

Stephane EVEILLARD stephane-e at ifrance.com
Fri Jul 20 00:39:07 PDT 2001

I tried with Mandrake 7.2 which has gcc < 2.96.0 and get the same result.

Here is the loop message (it is a bit long)

Stephane

/bin/sh ./config.status --recheck
running /bin/sh
./configure  --enable-static-link --prefix=/mnt/LFS/usr --bindir=/mnt/LFS/bi
n --with-curses --no-create --no-recursion
Beginning configuration for bash-2.05 for i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking whether large file support needs explicit enabling... yes
checking for POSIXized ISC... no
checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E
checking for minix/config.h... (cached) no
checking for Cygwin environment... (cached) no
checking for mingw32 environment... (cached) no
checking for executable suffix... (cached) no
checking whether gcc needs -traditional... (cached) no
checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/install -c
checking for ar... (cached) ar
checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
checking for bison... (cached) bison -y
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for working alloca.h... (cached) yes
checking for alloca... (cached) yes
checking whether getpgrp takes no argument... (cached) yes
checking whether setvbuf arguments are reversed... (cached) no
checking for vprintf... (cached) yes
checking for wait3 that fills in rusage... (cached) yes
checking for working strcoll... (cached) yes
checking return type of signal handlers... (cached) void
checking for __setostype... (cached) no
checking for wait3... (cached) yes
checking for mkfifo... (cached) yes
checking for dup2... (cached) yes
checking for select... (cached) yes
checking for getdtablesize... (cached) yes
checking for getgroups... (cached) yes
checking for gethostname... (cached) yes
checking for setdtablesize... (cached) no
checking for getpagesize... (cached) yes
checking for killpg... (cached) yes
checking for lstat... (cached) yes
checking for getpeername... (cached) yes
checking for sbrk... (cached) yes
checking for getrlimit... (cached) yes
checking for getrusage... (cached) yes
checking for gettimeofday... (cached) yes
checking for waitpid... (cached) yes
checking for tcgetpgrp... (cached) yes
checking for readlink... (cached) yes
checking for rename... (cached) yes
checking for bcopy... (cached) yes
checking for bzero... (cached) yes
checking for confstr... (cached) yes
checking for getcwd... (cached) yes
checking for strcasecmp... (cached) yes
checking for setenv... (cached) yes
checking for putenv... (cached) yes
checking for setlinebuf... (cached) yes
checking for setlocale... (cached) yes
checking for strchr... (cached) yes
checking for strerror... (cached) yes
checking for strtod... (cached) yes
checking for strtol... (cached) yes
checking for strtoul... (cached) yes
checking for tcgetattr... (cached) yes
checking for uname... (cached) yes
checking for sysconf... (cached) yes
checking for ulimit... (cached) yes
checking for times... (cached) yes
checking for tzset... (cached) yes
checking for siginterrupt... (cached) yes
checking for memmove... (cached) yes
checking for ttyname... (cached) yes
checking for gethostbyname... (cached) yes
checking for getservbyname... (cached) yes
checking for inet_aton... (cached) yes
checking for strpbrk... (cached) yes
checking for setvbuf... (cached) yes
checking for pathconf... (cached) yes
checking for libintl.h... (cached) yes
checking for gettext... (cached) yes
checking for textdomain... (cached) yes
checking for bindtextdomain... (cached) yes
checking for sys_siglist declaration in signal.h or unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... (cached) yes
checking for opendir in -ldir... (cached) no
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for stdarg.h... (cached) yes
checking for varargs.h... (cached) yes
checking for limits.h... (cached) yes
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking for memory.h... (cached) yes
checking for locale.h... (cached) yes
checking for termcap.h... (cached) no
checking for termio.h... (cached) yes
checking for termios.h... (cached) yes
checking for dlfcn.h... (cached) yes
checking for stddef.h... (cached) yes
checking for netdb.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/ptem.h... (cached) no
checking for sys/pte.h... (cached) no
checking for sys/stream.h... (cached) no
checking for sys/select.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/file.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/resource.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/param.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/socket.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/time.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/times.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/wait.h... (cached) yes
checking for netinet/in.h... (cached) yes
checking for arpa/inet.h... (cached) yes
checking for uid_t in sys/types.h... (cached) yes
checking type of array argument to getgroups... (cached) gid_t
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for off_t... (cached) yes
checking for mode_t... (cached) yes
checking for uid_t in sys/types.h... (cached) yes
checking for pid_t... (cached) yes
checking for size_t... (cached) yes
checking for time_t... (cached) yes
checking return type of signal handlers... (cached) void
checking size of char... (cached) 1
checking size of short... (cached) 2
checking size of int... (cached) 4
checking size of long... (cached) 4
checking size of char *... (cached) 4
checking size of double... (cached) 8
checking for u_int... (cached) yes
checking for u_long... (cached) yes
checking for bits16_t... (cached) no
checking for u_bits16_t... (cached) no
checking for bits32_t... (cached) no
checking for u_bits32_t... (cached) no
checking for bits64_t... (cached) no
checking for ptrdiff_t... (cached) yes
checking whether stat file-mode macros are broken... (cached) no
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... (cached) no
checking whether #! works in shell scripts... (cached) yes
checking for restartable system calls... (cached) yes
checking if dup2 fails to clear the close-on-exec flag... (cached) no
checking whether pgrps need synchronization... (cached) no
checking for type of signal functions... (cached) posix
checking for sys_errlist and sys_nerr... (cached) yes
checking for sys_siglist in system C library... (cached) yes
checking for _sys_siglist in signal.h or unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for _sys_siglist in system C library... (cached) yes
checking whether signal handlers are of type void... (cached) yes
checking for clock_t... (cached) yes
checking for sigset_t... (cached) yes
checking for quad_t... (cached) yes
checking for size and type of struct rlimit fields... (cached) rlim_t
checking for a c_line member of struct termios... (cached) yes
checking for a c_line member of struct termio... (cached) yes
checking if struct dirent has a d_ino member... (cached) yes
checking if struct dirent has a d_fileno member... (cached) yes
checking for struct winsize in sys/ioctl.h and termios.h... (cached)
sys/ioctl.h
checking for struct timeval in sys/time.h and time.h... (cached) yes
checking for the existence of strsignal... (cached) yes
checking if opendir() opens non-directories... (cached) no
checking for declaration of printf in <stdio.h>... (cached) yes
checking whether ulimit can substitute for getdtablesize... (cached) yes
checking to see if getenv can be redefined... (cached) yes
checking if getcwd() calls popen()... (cached) no
checking for declaration of sbrk in <unistd.h>... (cached) yes
checking for presence of POSIX-style sigsetjmp/siglongjmp... (cached)
present
checking whether or not strcoll and strcmp differ... (cached) yes
checking if signal handlers must be reinstalled when invoked... (cached) no
checking for presence of necessary job control definitions... (cached)
present
checking for presence of named pipes... (cached) present
checking for TIOCGWINSZ in sys/ioctl.h... (cached) yes
checking for TIOCSTAT in sys/ioctl.h... (cached) no
checking for FIONREAD in sys/ioctl.h... (cached) yes
checking for speed_t in sys/types.h... (cached) no
checking whether getpw functions are declared in pwd.h... (cached) yes
checking for unusable real-time signals due to large values... (cached) no
checking which library has the termcap functions... (cached) using
gnutermcap
checking whether /dev/fd is available... (cached) standard
checking whether /dev/stdin stdout stderr are available... (cached) present
checking for default mail directory... (cached) /var/mail
creating ./config.status
CONFIG_FILES=Makefile CONFIG_HEADERS= /bin/sh ./config.status
creating Makefile