automated COL and WCOL settings

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 20 12:07:55 PDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 02:34:44PM +0100, Mark Hymers wrote:
> > COL=$[$COLUMNS - 10]
> > WCOL=$[$COLUMNS - 30]
> >
> I like this a lot so this version has been added to CVS. It also avoids
> the problem of having to move cut and so should keep things simple.

in my old way, WCOL was set to 20 less than COL. Not sure anymor why I
chose that number, probably because your "starting blah" or "stopping
blah" lines can be quite long, the warning message may overwrite part of
that first message...

either way, Mark, when you're done updating function scripts, please
create a new bootscripts tarball and put it in /home/ftp/bootscripts
Remove the current cvs version of bootscripts and re-create it.

or just unpack that file, update the functions script, rename the
directory to today's date and retar it. Which every way works for you.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org