suid-bit

Seth W. Klein sklein at mint.net
Mon Jul 23 17:53:30 PDT 2001

Jean-Pierre Schwickerath wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Jul 2001 16:58:25 -0300 (ART), Guillermo Pereyra Irujo said:
> >
> >  Does chmoding 4755 /usr/sbin/pppd what you need?
>
> To get connected, sure, but if I want to disconnect, I used to do killall -TERM
> pppd and there it tells me that I'm not owner, bla bla

There's always sudo.... (Check freshmeat.)

Some hints....

/etc/sudoers
Host_Alias HERE = memlock, me-bangor-*.mint.adelphia.net
sklein HERE = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/pppon
sklein HERE = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/pppoff

/usr/bin/pppoff
#!/bin/sh
PATH=/bin
if [ -f /var/run/ppp0.pid ]; then
        kill `cat /var/run/ppp0.pid`
else
        echo "pppd doesn't appear to be running"
fi

cheers,
Seth W. "sklein" Klein
--