nearly crying :-((

Clemens Kirchgatterer clemens at root.at
Tue Jul 24 03:32:40 PDT 2001

hi!

since 2 tays i try to set up my second LFS  installation, but allways
fail on compiling (or better said) configuring glibc (2.2.3 btw). i use
the script from LFS 3.0-pre4.

here is the configure output:

checking for gcc... gcc
checking version of gcc... 2.95.3, ok
checking for gnumake... no
checking for gmake... no
checking for make... make
checking version of make... 3.79.1, ok
checking for gnumsgfmt... no
checking for gmsgfmt... no
checking for msgfmt... no
checking for makeinfo... makeinfo
checking version of makeinfo... 4.0, ok
checking for gsed... no
checking for sed... sed
checking version of sed... 3.02, ok
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... (cached)
yes
checking whether we are using GNU C... no
configure: error: GNU libc must be compiled using GNU CC

when i try to compile the simplest possible c programm, the following
happens:

I have no name!:~/compile-dynamic$ echo "int main(int argc, char **argv)
{return (0);}" > test.c
I have no name!:~/compile-dynamic$ gcc test.c
gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp0': No such file or directory

if change PATH to contain cpp0, ld will complain about a missing crt1.o,
what is ok since glibc is not installed so far!

my first installation went flawlessly, i don't know what is different
now, except i don't use a mounted partition now but only a directory.

pleas, please, please heeeeeeelp!

thx ...
clemens
Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org