linux-2.4.7 -- make modules_install

Dr. Andrew L. Blais onlymice at mediaone.net
Tue Jul 24 09:24:36 PDT 2001

When I run 'make modules_install' for version 2.4.7 of the kernel, I get
this:

if [ -r System.map ]; then /sbin/depmod -ae -F System.map  2.4.7; fi
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/2.4.7/kernel/drivers/sound/esssolo1.o
depmod:         gameport_register_port_Rf891976c
depmod:         gameport_unregister_port_Rb8ce4307

The guys on the kernel list say that this was fixed with the ac patches,
but they don't seem to work with 2.4.7. I've also tried a few patches
that I've found lying about on the web, but nope. What is to be done?

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org