Proposed LFS-Hint Changes

Tue Jul 24 10:29:30 PDT 2001

Hello,

I have some ideas for the lfs-hints I would like people to comment on.

Also, if you have any ideas of your own, please let me know.

Firstly, I would like to change the name of the hint-admin mailinglist
to hints at linuxfromscratch.org (but we could make
hint-admin at linuxfromscratch.org an alias to this to remain compatible
;)

This list will be used for posting new hints, hint changes, new hint
suggestions and hint mistakes/corrections to.

i.e things that need checking in to cvs.

Secondly, I would like to create a new site,
http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org. Initially this will be a page like
this: http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/howtos.html which will
list the hints with a short description.

The hints will be in http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/hints which will
be a dir listing like http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs-hints is
now.

The hint names on http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org  will be a
hyperlink to hints/<hintname>

http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs-hints will be made to point to
http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/hints to retain compatibility.

http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/hints will be manually updated when a
new hint is added, or if the name changes.

I'll also be working with Mark on the BLFS project
(http://beyond.linuxfromscratch.org)

ehm...think that's about it for now  :)

Ian

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org