trouble with xfree on dell inspiron

DrJekyll DrJekyll at web.de
Tue Jul 24 13:38:03 PDT 2001

Hi

My problem: On my Dell Inspiron 8000 Professional with GeForce2Go I have
compiled Xfree86-4.1.0 on my LFS3.0-pre4 without any errors, using the 2.4.6
kernel. I downloaded the latest drivers provided on the nvidia homepage and
installed them, without any errors. I changed the XF86Config-4 file like the
nvidia homepage says, but when I am trying to start X he breaks with an
error about that he is not able to initialize the nvdriver kernel module. I
attached my XF86Config-4 file and the XFree86.0.log-file for you, so you can
see the exact error message.

Thank you

Frank