/dev/mouse and other devices

Florin Oprina oprina at student.uit.no
Wed Jul 25 15:33:31 PDT 2001

hi all!

sorry if this is the wrong list, but for some unknown
reasons I couldn't subscribe to lfs-apps list!

I installed LFS acording to the book. Next step was to
add mouse support so I compilled gpm. But, and here
comes my question, gpm complained that there is no
/dev/mouse
or
/dev/ttyS0
How on earth do I create these dev's? Tried
MAKEDEV /dev/mouse
but it was very uncooperative. It told me it doesn't
know how to create it!
And while I'm still at it, how do I create other
devices, such as
/dev/dsc
or
/dev/audio?