LFS & Slackware 8.0

J_Man jeremy at linux-phreak.net
Thu Jul 26 00:13:55 PDT 2001

Install the D package series, this will include the C and C++ compilers, as well as all the other stuff you'll need.  I've built LFS successfully numerous times with slack, and there's only one thing you will probably need to do.

When you compile Bash statically, eliminate the --with-curses option from the configure statement.  Slack does not provide a static ncurses binary, and your only option other than this will be to recompile curses.  Once you go to recompile bash dynamically, put the --with-curses option back in, and all will be well.

J_Man