reiserfs notes

Guillermo Pereyra Irujo gpirujo at mdq.com
Thu Jul 26 05:20:49 PDT 2001

These are the notes I would like to see in the book regarding reiserfs. I
would have made a diff if I knew how some xml... and some diff. :)
Please check the English as I am not a native.

In Chapter 4, Preparing a new partition, add this sentence as the last one
of the first paragraph, after "you chose the ext2 file system."

# Begin
In case you choose reiserfs, there is a hint on it available at
http://www.archive.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs-hints/.
# End

In Chapter 6, Installing e2fsprogs, add this paragraph at the beginning,
just before the one that says "Install E2fsprogs by running..."

# Begin
If you have decided to use reiserfs for you LFS, you will need the
reiserfsprogs package, which you can install following the hint at
http://www.archive.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs-hints/. Remember that you
cannot use reiserfs on diskettes or small partitions, so you may still
need the e2fsprogs package.
# End

Isn't the hints url gonna be hints.lfs.org? This will have to change in
the vim installation page too.

--
Guillermo Pereyra Irujo
Mar del Plata, Argentina